Check out the answers to these common maintenance issues!
How to: Maintain a Garbage Disposal
- Have you checked the breakers to see if the GFCI outlet has been tripped?
- Is the garbage disposal making a humming sound? If so, run your hand along the bottom of the unit for a small button. Once you find the button, press it to reset the disposal.
- Is the disposal making a humming sound and not spinning freely? If you have lived in the home more than a month then it will ultimately be your responsibility to repair the disposal. On most models there is a place for an Allen Wrench in the center on the bottom which will help to free up the disposal.
How to: Clean an A/C Unit
- Have you changed the vent filters recently? These should be changed every 30 days and it is your responsibility to keep them fresh.
- Have you checked the breakers? Try switching all of the breakers to the “off” position and then flipping them back to “on”.
- Is the air conditioner blowing air but not cold air? Shut the air conditioner unit completely down for a number of hours and then turn it back on- but submit the work order anyways.
- Is the thermostat working? If it is a digital thermostat, try inserting new batteries.
- Click here to see how to change an AC filter
How to Unclog: